Nova-65 SC Self-Contained Marine Lantern (Nova-65 SC)
The Nova-65 SC features unique and proprietary optics which provide a 360° beam at 5°, 10°, 20° or 30° vertical divergence. Utilizing a highly efficient compact lens, the Nova-65 SC is engineered to utilize the advanced and cost-effective technology of LEDs.
Solar modules and high-grade batteries are housed in a compact self-contained marine lantern, designed for low maintenance with a projected service life of 10 years before any significant maintenance is needed. The 5° and 10° divergence lenses are ideal for fixed or floating aids to navigation while the 20° or 30° lens provides exceptional performance on buoys. The 5° lens can be used to meet specific needs that require a much longer range while still using a minimal amount of power.
• User selectable power setting for visual range.
• Photovoltaic system sized for demanding locations.
• SignalView software to program user options.
• Temperature compensated LED drive circuits ensure uniform brightness with ambient temperature change.
• Availability in all IALA approved colors.
• Constant current power source for maximum LED lifetime.
• Optional GPS synchronisation module. • Optional GSM and Satellite monitoring. • 256 user selectable flash characters. • Full monitor and control capability. • Optional 5°, 10°, 20° or 30° lens.
|Input Voltage||12 VDC|
|Power Consumption||Variable up to 5 Watts|
|Power Setting||Field Selectable|
|Colours Available||Red, green, yellow, white and blue|
|Quiescent Current||Light only < 2 mA ; with internal GPS < 3 mA|
|Visibility||360° horizon (omnidirectional)|
|Vertical Divergence||5, 10, 20 or 30 degrees at 50%; ± 1 degree|
|Monitor and Control||Capable|
|Flash Codes||Up to 256 codes, field selectable or via communication link|
|Synchronisation||GPS or hardwire options|
|Operation Temperature||-40° to +70°C|
|Weight||20 kg (44 lbs)|
|Size||L 578 mm (23 in) x W 410 mm (16 in) x H 549 mm (22 in) plus an additional 75 mm (3 in) each for the two handles|
|Relative Humidity||100% condensing|
|Atmosphere||Rated for continuous operation in a salty air|
|Wind||Designed to withstand speeds in excess of 300kmph (180mph)|
|Solar Panels||4 Panels, each at 12 Volts 5.5 Watt Nominal|
|Battery Capacity||38 or 45 Amp-hour|
|Battery Type||Sealed Lead Acid|
|Construction||Rotationally moulded polyethylene|
|Mounting||4 mounting 18 mm (0.7 in) holes on a 465 mm (18 in) diameter bolt hole circle|